View Single Post
Old 09-12-12, 12:12 PM   #43
Kaye T. Bai
Samurai Navy

Location: Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post
I have to agree, being an avid Tom Clancy reader, this movie was not done well, too little background character development, and the movie gave an entirely different vibe from the book. It seemed to hurry the plot too much IMHO. The movie telegraphed the plot twist at the end, while it blindsided you in the book.

Personally, I think "The Hunt For Red October" (the film), is probably one of the most overrated subfilms of all time. Not to mention that I'm not too fond of Alec Baldwin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
The Syfy movie Sea Snakes (or Silent Venom) almost made my face burn off when I watched it. Nothing about the sub was correct except that it goes underwater. Sheesh. Give it a netflix if you think u can stomach it. The sub looks like a 688, but it's a SSK!! Exact quote from movie "this baby runs pretty quiet on electric motors" and the Chinese dropped a DEPTH CHARGE!?!? One charge, somehow, bangs up a 688 SSK. Then, the Chinese shoot a torp. Well that is a disaster. Ugh. Terrible movie.

I guess you got to cut them some slack, it's a low budget film. They probably only could get access to a WWII SSK at best. But yeah, electric motors on a 688i? And a depth charge? That's just inexcusable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
I've not seen that one but I did see this horrible excuse for a sub movie:

The only thing good about it was the paneling they picked out to line the inside of the sub's control room.
I left the movie theater after about 35 minutes of torture. Fortunately "Men at Work" was playing in the adjacent theater.
Wait, "Full Fathom Five" was shown in theaters? I thought it was direct-to-video. But yeah, ramming? And I thought that one game that had USAF enlisted ranks painted on nuclear submarines was bad.
Kaye T. Bai is offline   Reply With Quote