View Single Post
Old 09-09-12, 02:15 AM   #10
dottore
Seaman

Downloads: 138
Uploads: 0
Default 1. phase is done, but this is not the correct way...

Thank you CaliEs!

This will be very useful to refine the Stellarium options. Please note CaliEs' modifications one below to make the navigation more difficult.
-
Stellarium will show your ingame sky always as you execute, correct dates(read below).
Script is working, but read the information below. The script carries the navdata(your location, time) from mission files into the Stellarium's startup file automatically without user input.
You need to run the batch file, when you would like to see your sky in Stellarium.

If you feel lost, don't hesitate to contact me.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9swhqak15l9a502
Alt.download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/i22sa1 (Click on below "Click here to start download from...")

Warning:
This is not the final scipt, because it needs user friendly modifications and using needless methods to get the navdata.

-

I don't know the game programming architecture so I need to study Ironpython to make navigational data pick the correct way from the game itself instead of using mission files and avoid text manipulation. So there will be an other script and this will be trashed.

The script is using brute string manipulations to make the job so I apologize.

It prints values, but don't need them. Their purpose is testing the success of data mine. It doesn't change any file in your install or in your user folder only grabbing data to the 2 txt files it creates.(date.txt, my.active.uboat.data.txt) If you want Backup your mission file, but the script only reads it.

Requirements:
Important install information:
You need to write your file paths, directory paths into the script before running it(don't use "find and replace" because script using \\ to describe paths). I marked the needed modifications. You need to do this only once except your mission file. If you go to a new patrol, you need to change it to point the new file.(This will be fixed later, to auto find your paths). If you make a new profile in the game, you have new folder, new mission file, so you must show the script the new file.

Needed applications:
Python 2.7 default paths in script: C:\Python27
Stellarium 0.11.4 or above (older Stellarium uses other language, so "no go!") default paths in script: C:\Program Files\Stellarium

Default path for .mis file:
C:\Users\This.is.your.name\Documents\SH5\data\User s\This.is.your.in.game.name\Campaign-This.is.your.date\CampaignMission.mis

Important changes in Stellarium config.ini:

Default path: C:\Users\This.is.your.name\AppData\Roaming\Stellar ium
Backup your config.ini.

Use your resolution from ingame in Stellarium, change the values:
[localization]
time_zone = GMT
Note: this is a req, without this your Stellarium will apply your GMT shift and mess up date.

[video]
screen_h = (Example: 1080)
screen_w = (Example: 1920)

You need the script and the python.exe in one folder, you run the whole with a batch file.

This is not difficult but not user-friendly. If you aligned everything you need only change your .mis file location occasionally.

I really much appreciate if you try this script and beta test for me. If this works to you I can step forward.

Last edited by dottore; 09-09-12 at 11:25 AM. Reason: corrections: links
dottore is offline   Reply With Quote