View Single Post
Old 08-21-12, 09:16 AM   #13
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 still the way to go

Your poll doesn't make much sense with the various options but anyhow......

SHO, to me, seems to be an attempt by UBI to recoup the expected revenue from SH5 (which obviously wasn't the "blockbuster" they were hoping for). I think it's also partly pandering to the 'console' crowd.

SH4 with the fantastic mods is the only Pacific oriented sub game out there. Sure it has some remaining warts but it is a thoroughly enjoyable and immersive game and is a good effort at trying to simulate the US submarine campaign in the Pacific

SH3, again IMHO, with the supermods is still an excellent U-boat-oriented game (older graphics and missing wolfpacks notwithstanding). SH3 also seems to do a good job of emulating the increasing difficulty for the U-Boat with the improved Allied countermeasures. So I've seen no reason to move to SHO or SH5.

I still believe that if the devs had just fixed/improved SH4 instead of re-inventing the wheel with SH5 they would have been much further ahead but that is water under the bridge.

Having said all that it's still only my opinion, I know there are plenty who would disagree with me.
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote