View Single Post
Old 08-01-12, 01:32 AM   #84
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Well if these are the same makers of Settlers Online then i hope it doesn't lean too much in that direction. Settlers online was terrible imo, it started out good but then it slows right down where the only way you can advance is through patience meaning days of waiting or go straight to the online shop and buy the materials needed to move forward. I've played Settlers single player 6 and 7 that are brillant building games i still play S6 today. But as a online game its a flop imo.

With Silent Hunter online it wont matter all that much if those who choose to do it the old fashion way and not spend a cent compare to those that do. Seriously? I think it would make a huge difference where like most of these games unless you don't mind being left behind and just play otherwise you will be playing catch up unless you hit the shop.

At least with pure MMO's where a monthly fee is required every one starts equal there is no shop to help you advanced with better gear etc the only players that do well are those with skill. Skill is not required for these browser games.

Pity they didn't go the whole hog and make SH a pure mmo or just go back to single player.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote