View Single Post
Old 07-09-12, 12:26 AM   #4218
artao
Officer

Downloads: 144
Uploads: 0

My current "campaign" over the last several days has been preparing for and freshly installing SH3 under Win 7 Pro on my new(ish) computer. Lots of new (to me) stuff, and lots of reading to catch up on to make sure I get my mod-soup to work right.
Also sadly discovered that my archive of mods was corrupted, so I had to re-download largely everything. .. Turns out there were some newer versions of stuff anyhow, so all good.

I WAS in a 1st patrol. Left port Nov. 2, 1939, in my VIIB from Wilhelmshaven, headed for the E.Coast of Britain, grid AN52.
A game-week later, and the weather was still clear skies, 4m/s winds from 0 degrees, and i'd seen only 1 ship, an 11,000 ton lg. merchant, which I sunk -- and THAT was from a radio contact. Also one plane chased me under.

Somethin just didn't seem right, so I decied to do the full install dance .. you see, I'd been running the very same GWX 3 install I'd been using on my older XP system. Just copied it over to my Win 7 system and it seemed to run fine ... til I played it for awhile that is.

Soon. .... Soon back to patrol.

the mod-soup needs some good stirring first tho.
also trying multi-sh3 for the 1st time. I plan on trying NYGM, LSH, and WAC as well prolly. .. now that my load times are under 1/2 hr. LOL

artao is offline   Reply With Quote