View Single Post
Old 06-24-12, 08:06 AM   #220
stormrider_sp
Planesman

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Thanks for info sober, I could finally start playing. One suggestion is to host some of the files away from subsim, since there is a 10 DL limit here, therefore one cannot complete his list in a single day, more likely 2 or 3 days.

One thing that keeps happening tho is a CTD caused by Time Compression. I did everything that was on the list, patched, configured the mods and so, but still, after some time playing the campaing missions (not the tutorial), the time compressing gets progressively slower and twitchy to the point of CTD. What I do is saving the game about every 15 minutes, extiting and reloading from there. Every time it reloads, the game feels smooth again. There must be some sort of memory leakage somewhere, which progressively clogs the system. I currently have 8GBs of RAM installed.

One other thing that seemed strange was the behavior of my first pray. At first look its behavior seemed quite impressive to me, zig zagging, so I plot my intercept course acordingly. I dont know if I was indeed detected by this merchant, at long range, 8nm, but he was changing course after a few minutes, totally random, but with no actual destination. I could take it if I knew that he detected me, changing course to avoid my interception, but otherwise, it seems very strange that he was just fishing in hostile waters, in the middle of war!

cheers