Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Repport test v 1.1.245.1

- Import in loose ,without AO make error with the texture

What's the error? What happens?

some request :

In the "normal".OBJ : That seem the AO material eported as "d" is not used as AO map but to make transparent ?
other is not better to export the alpha channel from diffuse as opacity
eg : the plants in undersea.gr2 use the alpha from diffuse as opacity

I thought you asked if the 'd' parameter could be used to specify the AO map? That's what I did.

The plants aren't rendering correctly with the app because I haven't coded in the color key part yet.

in the "_AO".OBJ : can you delete the "opacity" material,we don't need it

Are you talking about the 'd' parameter here?

and if you can export in _AO just one material and one uvw for all subsets ? (AO use just one diffuse (no alpha) map for the all room)
other that make me for the CT_body : 14 uvw maps and 14 materials (one by subset ,but the same material)

Yes I can make that change for the material. What is uvw? It is silly to be listing x different materials in the AO MTL file when they all use the same material

edit : one more thing

when exporting ,the editor can not write just the used materials by subset

What are you wanting to see? I don't understand.
Quote:
- after first import ,the .gr2 ,need to save and reload to have the right texture and/or uvw (bug: need to redo the AO uvw again in 3dsmax and re export/import)

Currently yes you do in order to see the real material's being used by the subsets. Once I finish the MTL importer you shouldn't have to do this anymore. Still working on finishing the MTL importer.

some progress :in connng tower

Today: i have weld the chepeng to the body ,and use the chepeng mesh "empty shell" for the bottle (detached from body) to make it green transparent with env mapping in .sim

and i have succeded ingame/goblin tested
(after some AO textures/uvw bugs)
try to change opacity value (after save/load the .gr2 otherwise: error)

What is the error?

OK ,all is great but too transparent ,change the opacity value again...
and in goblin/ingame make crash ,try to reopen the .GR2 in editor..
and all is OK ....
try to save it again : crash again in goblin/ingame
retry to re-open it in editor all is ok !!!!

take a look in granny viewer still error in the extenddata (i have other texture names in)

What is the error?
Quote:
Me,i have little problem in the conning tower :

- I can't add material in the CT_Body Mesh -> adding material in editor is OK ,But in goblin/ingame error On meshes with only one subset all work fine
( and i need it )

Can you load it up in Granny Viewer? Are there any noticeable problems with it in Granny Viewer?

- I can't rename some meshes (eg:chepeng -> now is the bottles)

Why not? Do you get an error or ?
See above in yellow.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote