View Single Post
Old 06-23-12, 04:26 AM   #14
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Asus beeb codes that I googled say for the most 1-long-3-short is the graphics card (no card or bad Video RAM). Memory issues would have been 4 or 5 short ones, if I recall correctly.

I did not touch the RAM bars this time, but I see in my system monitor that they give the full 8173 MB that they always showed, and all I did was pushing that MemCheck! button on the board.

The HD always started to work after 20 seconds (which is normal, some scanning before booting). I assumed all the time that the booting went on, even when i did not see any picture.

Dust I clean 2-3 times a year.

Can a condensed flock of dust that strayed when cleaning, settle on the board and by that cause a temporary shortcut between two critical spots or components?

Anyway. What is the current normal GTX560 1GB manufacturer to choose, if one needs to change the grafix card and only needs digital output connector, no additional gimmick stuff, and when one wants a silent card, no noisy cooler? Gainward again? This is my third by Gainward, and beside the cards after 1.5-2 years usually dying, I am satisfied with them. Price is also below the pain mark, 170 Euros. I mean, it is not really, I'm short on money, but it is the price I would will to invest if needing to go for a card.