View Single Post
Old 06-18-12, 06:53 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Mod suggestions for IL-2 1946

I recently purchased IL-2 1946, hearing it was the best flight sim out there currently.I like the stock version mostly but it has some glaring issues, I have been reading up but the community from what I can see is not as organized as the subsim community from what I can tell.I trust the advice of most members on the subsim forums. My main concerns for a mod to address are...

1: The AI, enemy planes are just a bit too super, their crazy climbs are outrageous in addition to they seem to always pick you out and even in a plane that is a superior diver say an F4F against a Zero, they tend to stick with the player and pick them out first.AA guns are a bit too accurate and effective also, I can see sometimes but all the time.

2. sound improvements, the gun sounds, esp for the .50 cal are garbage and an immersion killer.They are also way too ineffective, esp against vulnerable planes such as Zeros, Bettys, Vals, Kates etc.

3. Any mod that concentrates on the PTO mostly as that is where I will spend my time.Maps, flyable planes such as TBF, TBD, SB2C "Helldiver" PBY etc

Those are my main concerns, perhaps though who know the mods out there could point me in the right direction.I am patched up to v10.1.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote