Old 06-09-12, 09:26 PM   #3907
bandit484
Medic

Downloads: 523
Uploads: 0
Default No deck gun when Accepting a Gato sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
From: The Renegade: "SO! To the other guy having a similar equipment problem with the conning tower upgrade."

I think I'm 'the other guy' Renegade is referring to, but my problem is somewhat different. I've never had the 'traversing' problem. My beef is that I don't get a deck gun AT ALL when upgrading to a Gato-class boat.

I had been using TMO2.2, but this campaign I've upgraded to TMO2.5. I disabled TMO2.2 (and all other MODs), then deleted the 'My Documents\SH4' folder, THEN enabled TMO2.5 (and other MODs like RSRDC). Sure enough, the game re-installed the 'SH4' folder into My Documents, so no previous savegames should 'confuse' the new install.

I started the new campaign on Nov. 30, 1941, Asiatic Fleet in an S-Boat. It came equipped with a 4"/50 deck gun. The deck gun traverses just fine: I sank 6 'Junks' and finished off a merchantman (heavily damaged with my last torpedo, and under intense small-arms fire) with the deck gun. OK so far.

I accepted a new command after my 4th patrol - a Sargo-Class boat, which only has an aft deck gun. I don't have the after-gun submod installed, so I have NO deck gun at all, although I do have a 20mm anti-aircraft gun (which an S-Boat does not have). I'm about 1/2 way through my first patrol (early August, 1942), and haven't experienced any problems.

The 'no deck gun' problem has occurred when I accept command of a Gato-class boat - I have gotten NO deck gun and NO crew slots for a deck gun. I have checked the data\submarine\NSS_Gato\NSS_Gato.upc file in the TMO2.5 folder, and capability for a deck gun is, indeed, there under 'Compartment 8' (Aft deck gun) and 'Compartment 9' (Fore deck gun), along with the appropriate CrewMemberSlots for both Compartments.

So, when I do upgrade to a Gato-class boat, I 'should' get a deck gun on the bow. I'll just have to play out the Sargo patrols, and see what happens when I do upgrade. I'll let you all know.

Good Hunting!
I do believe that when you accept a new boat of any kind the first patrol with that sub that you accepted will not be able to have a deck gun on the sub until you complete 1 patrol with the new boat. Then after you return to base then you can outfit your boat with a deck gun.
bandit484 is offline   Reply With Quote