kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
Relax men,
Your internet speed is correct.
This is flash game - a 2D view game with 2D periscope view.
WOW! This IS the future! I'm impressed!

anyway, it's rather 2D layout with some 3D view you meant
Flash 11 is supposedly capable of higher grade stuff, even such as integrating Unreal Engine 3 which is certainly no small thing. However, you wouldn't be able to use UE3 the way mass effect or gears of war are using it, for instance. Modern looking textures and the like sure would take too much bandwidth...

Anyway, one can see that the real 3D engine used here is far inferior to SH4/SH5 (source: official late periscope screenshot). Hence I find it rather amusing that they display so few actual ingame 3d shots instead of pre-rendered bells & whistle stuff (seriously, the exterior shot using SH5 3d engine making you doubt it's actual ingame render vs the periscope 3d display... ). Kinda says it all to me...

The whole online idea has always been interesting though regarding a WW2 subsim, kinda like having a "real" BdU, coordinating patrols, compete with other commanders and etc. the game could be fun as a small "from time to time" quick subsim, doing a bit of internet browsing on a separate tab while waiting for contact reports, that kind of thing... Not as time consuming and as immersive as doing a patrol in SH 3 to 5, if you see what I mean. However I think the project would have had a MUCH LARGER appeal should it allowed Uboat vs. Destroyer kind of multyplayer experience. At any rate now, It may just feels like a single player multi-player experience, which, well... kinda negates the usual multi-player idea of getting fun

Last edited by kapitan_zur_see; 05-15-12 at 10:08 AM.
kapitan_zur_see is offline   Reply With Quote