View Single Post
Old 05-01-12, 11:33 AM   #717
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

Oesten, i agree re Shells of Fury, among other problems, the environment in that sim is terrible when it could have been decent. I too am intrigued by WWI and have wargemmed it for decades and look forward to the chance to see it here in SH IV as this is the best possible sim platform WWI has reached yet. Jutland and Distant Guns were promising but the view point is so small to be rather distant and unintersting tho they have just released finally a Falklands add on with the Scharnhorst and Gneisnau but ...you have to buy the most expensive full version of the main game over 50.00 US to then buy the add one which is a rip off in my book.

I also am intrgued by Ancient and have most of the add on mods for the Rome era, will go thru my notes and see if there is something that you may find interesting you may not know of yet. They have dome some great work on the mod environments for the original TW Rome that all the other eras are using now and it greatly enhances that sim. But this effort here is a fine one and I hope to see it luanched when the time is right, agree re real life and real life needs should come first. Thanks for the update I.