View Single Post
Old 03-11-12, 05:37 PM   #2722
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224
Uploads: 0

Go for it. I got back to SH after relatively long time. I played SH3 since the day it was released, then I've started completely new and "sharp" career with GWX and now I have my last and backuped savegame somewhere in Decemeber 1940..Or 1941 already? Can't remember now to be honest. In the meantime I've completed my career in SH4 and enjoyed it very much. It was kind of easier, japanese destroyers were not delivering that kind of hell like allies in the Atlantic. But then I didn't get back to SH3, got busy in work etc. And honestly - speaking for myself here - I have to have the right mood to play SH. I simply need to get into it properly. I can't play this game for half an hour or one hour every day. I always cared about immersion so when I turn SH game on I go for hours - the whole night for example. And since SH5 was unplayable after its release, I had SH4 completed, but busy in work - not the right constellation to get back to SH3, there was nothing to play. I was only visiting Subsim thinking 'ok, let's see if this game is still alive', checked some discussions, observed the screenshots, but then I've always found something distracting, like somebody posting about something still broken and I always thought I'm not gonna play it when this or that is not working or implemented at all. I was horrified when I installed SH5 first time and there was no depth under keel, no return to course etc etc. It felt like alpha version of the game or what. But now it's the right time for me again, I have time to enjoy being at the sea again. And it's thanks to all the modders here. I just have to thank you in every post guys for your amazing and enthusiastic work. So yes, do give it a try. I think SH5 is definitely in more than very well playable state right now, at least I haven't noticed any disturbing or game/immersion braking bugs. And with all that eye candy and sound mods it could be a real jewel one day. Good luck.

First Patrol Of U-21 Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBqInzBaGc
First Patrol Of U-21 Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqyTaomDjM
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote