Old 12-16-11, 06:40 PM   #7
Kaleun Wagner
Volltreffer!

Location: Los Angeles w/ frequent stops in the North Atlantic
Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
I've just taken a look at the Grado website, and they are some nice headphones, particularly liking the Reference and Statement series with the mahogony!!!

But alas, these are headphones and not headsets, so no mic to chat to people on Teamspeak - not that it's something I do often, but I'd like the option (and without yet another cable running to the PC).

TIR would've fitted too, it'll fit most headsets - it just clamps on but there is only about 30 mm.

I've decided, I think, to go for cheap-ish ones so I can get them sooner! Plantronics 777. Good reviews, and on what I want to play, and TIR fits and it's cheap enough to save some cash for the other stuff I want. I've just got to keep the kids away!
Ugh, how did I miss that you wanted a headset and not just headphones!?

At least you'll know some good options between the Grados and Sennheisers should you ever want some high-end phones. On the Grado side, my advice is to go with the SR-80i set unless you're willing to also invest in a proper phone amp as well.

The Plantronics set looks good; I don't have experience with that particular set, but I've used and really like their Bluetooth headsets.

A little bit of interesting trivia - the words "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" were spoken through a Plantronics headset.

Kaleun Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote