View Single Post
Old 11-21-11, 05:05 PM   #223
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
I'd tend to think they got saddled with it but did not have the time to work with it as well as they could have.

To do the Open Bunker I had to move the verts themselves.
Same thing on some of SteelVikings stuff I did.
It's quite obvious they either didn't understand what the Granny system can do or just totally ignored it.

The whole point of this app was to make it easier to work with the GR2 files for SH5 but every little step forward I make it's 10 steps backwards I was working towards taking a piece from a unit and adding it to a different unit but now that's out the window due to not being able to specify rotation and position in the file itself. It's totally absurd to have to pre-position every mesh....I mean what the hell were they thinking? To me that's a basic concept in model building....you build a model of say a crane around world origin then when you add it to another item you specify the rotation and position so that it's positioned where it needs to be on the item.....but pre-positioning?? Did they hire people off the street to program this game?

Here's how it appears they created the GR2 files used in this game: a 3D modeller made the entire unit - the stacks, extra objects, funnels, hull, etc. - in one drawing. Then they took this one drawing and diced it up (preserving the position of every item) and made a GR2 file out of it. I just can't believe it...
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote