View Single Post
Old 11-21-11, 04:49 PM   #221
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

This is sad, just utterly sad

I changed the position, rotation, scaling, and flags of the crane01 (this mesh is supposedly bound to a bone of the same name) of the King George V and NOTHING happened. GrannyViewer shows all the changes but Goblin Editor shows no changes (everything rendered just as nothing had changed). This means that SH5 uses the GR2 files just for storing mesh data and nothing more I wondered why when I viewed the individual meshes they were already pre-positioned to where they needed to be This means we cannot move meshes around without extracting them, repositioning them in 3D model program, then re-importing them back into the GR2 file. That's nuts.

Now the questions begs to be asked, why did they use the Granny system when they don't even use 10% of it's potential?

At least with SH3/4 I could change the position and rotation of meshes in the DAT file and those changes were reflected in game...

Bones at least reflect changes made to them but those are only good for waypoints. Talk about a big let down...

Now I have to go back and try my version of the app that used the granny2.dll and see what happens...
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote