View Single Post
Old 11-21-11, 03:54 PM   #218
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

maybe someone will find this interesting:

I coded the GR2 editor/viewer to be able to change parameters in the GR2 file now (transform, inverseworldtransform, rotation, maxproperties, etc.). For a test to see if I have the app working correctly I changed the position of crane01 of the King George V. I set the X position to -1.25 from -0.7. Now my app showed the crane as having moved to the new spot but when I checked in Goblin and GrannyViewer they show it hasn't moved. This tells me that the transform data is only used to derive the inverseworldtransform which is what is used to place the item. Interesting

This also means that everything is flipped as to how I'm presenting it with the app. Crane01 is actually on the right side of the ship vice the left like I render it. Wow. I have to make some major changes...

EDIT:

went back and looked at GrannyViewer again and noticed that yes everything is flipped from how I'm presenting it but the crane01 was in fact moved to it's new position. This tells me that the transform used when rendering the mesh is the bounded bone transform (rotation and position) * bounded bone inverseworldtransform.

Everything is flipped because GrannyViewer is using a left hand coordinate system and I'm rendering with a right handed coordinate system.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 11-21-11 at 04:16 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote