View Single Post
Old 10-25-11, 06:52 PM   #3652
Howard313
Engineer

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 0

U-49 here, Started a new campaign recently.

Gotta love the early years, en-route to my patrol sector of BE96 I decided to take the dreaded English Channel to save gas, plan is working out pretty good so far, the fishing is rich.

I expect to run out of ammunition before I can even make it to my patrol sector.

Something funny happened in this particular patrol, I had just entered the Channel and the weather was terrible, huge waves heavy rain, and fog thicker than peanut butter. I wanted to slip by the Dovor port on the surface that night, using the bad weather to my advantage. I gave the order for ahead flank and we were booking it, I wanted to get well away from the port before sunrise. After about an hour, my men inform me of a ship emerging from the fog.....it was a destroyer

I quickly gave the order to dive and rigged for silent running but by the time I issued those orders he was well within 100m, I thought I was dead.

He passed right by me on the surface, starboard-to-starboard, and quickly disappeared in the fog almost as quickly as he came. He never came back, I guess the weather was a blessing in disguise. (Wish I could've nabbed a picture of it for you guys but it was over almost as soon as it happened)

Yeah I was too lazy to write everything down so you get copy and paste images out of the game...sue me.

Last edited by Howard313; 10-28-11 at 07:36 PM.
Howard313 is offline   Reply With Quote