View Single Post
Old 09-20-11, 03:47 PM   #98
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I have a new favourite, I think - Pizza Scampi with dill and - lemon grass.

Yes, indeed that: lemon grass. No oregano, no basil, thyme, or rosemary. No garlic.

I had two attempts at this one, first time the ammounts of spice I had not right. It is a very differently tastinging pizza, lacking the typical Italian pizza flavour, being very mild, but exotic, fruity, fresh, and a very interesting arome. The scampi need to rest in a marinade (?) of dill (1-2 coffee spoons)and (dried) powdered lemon grass (3 coffee spoons) for 3-4 hours. Add some splashes of citron juice, and for the last 20-30 minutes a very small ammount of olive oil. Use a mortar&pestle, that lemon gras really is tougher than chewing gum. Some black pepper, some salt, but not much. No other spices than these. Cheese is a mixture of fresh Mozarella, dried Mozarelly, Parmesan (yeah, I know the chorus now... ), and Edam.

I need to try more spices different from the usual bunch of suspects (oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil) and the like. With a well-done dough, it is nice, mand spices with milder aromes allow the taste of the dough to become more obvious to the tongue.