Old 08-15-11, 10:47 AM   #7675
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldric View Post
Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Is it necessary to delete the folder "English" in RadioMessages? Or is it enough to choose the language in the Settings of NewUIs?
Hi,

I think the game will go nuts if it finds two folders in there.
What we want to do is - swap the English Radio Messages and Ship Names for German ones, OK?

When you choose language in the NewUIs_TDC you only change the;
data\Menu\menu.txt file from English to German, right? This only gives you menues in German but now we want to get the written Radio Messages plus the Ship Names in German.

If you follow what I explained before you will make a little new mod that contains the 'German' folder (with the written German radio messages) and the WWIIShipNames.txt (with the ship names in the translated German version).
This mod will only add the German radio messages folder and the German Ship Names file.
The RadioMessages folder can only contain one such folder and one such .txt file at a time.
That's why we have to delete the original ones before applying.

If you'd like to make it easy to switch back to English you could make one exactly the same but with the original English versions instead.
This way you can easily shift between German/English Radio Messages and Ship Names. Give them appropriate names so you recognize them.

Since we make a backup of the original 'English' folder and the WWIIShipNames.txt file you should delete the 'English' folder and the WWIIShipNames.txt and then apply the new mod with the German versions we have made.

After you have applied the mod in JSGME - just to be sure - check in the;
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\RadioMessages that you have only the German folder and WWIIShipNames.txt
/
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote