the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
...I was thinking of taking it to work and using it there - where it would still be miles ahead of what I've got in my office...
Boy does that ever bring back memories... I used to do desktop technical support in a large call centre and they had us sorting out XP issues on rigs that were running Windows 2000.

Friggin' OS was so unstable it would periodically crash whenever you opened more than 3 or 4 windows, so you had to do the two-step phone ad lib while the system rebooted.

Getting back on topic though, I've got so many pieces of old rigs kicking about that I've pretty much lost track of them all. Still that doesn't deter me from collecting more , so if it was my boss offering extra parts, I'd definitely take him (or her) up on it.

I keep telling myself, you never know when you might need it, and come to think of it I can actually recall an after hours HDD crash when I was able to swap out an old one and get back up and running even though the stores were all closed.

Flimsy justification though that might be, it's good enough for me to justify my ever growing collection of largely obsolete parts. Then again if anyone ever needs a Pentium 1 with an amazing 40 GB hard drive I can always hook 'em up!
Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote