View Single Post
Old 07-25-11, 11:01 AM   #12
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Really probably 100 ships with mods. I can't decide which one I like best. I love the lines of the CA's. This is probably my fav. Won't give it away, take a guess, but the emblem should give it away.

Yep, I love the Yamato, but I don't think it's the best looking ship.

I've got to agree but with some expansion. I think BB's were the best looking ships overall. I love the way they sit low in the water, looking very slim until you see them head on, and they're as wide as a football field! If this were to list ships in the war (not just the game) I would also mention the Graf Spee, Bismark, Missouri, AZ (even though it was an older ship it was lovely),ECT...Big Battlewagons. Out of all of them, the Yamato was certainly the most terrorible and awesome BB in the Pacific. When I read about our Skippers actually sinking the Yamato in the game I have to chuckle just a little. 16" of side armor going deep below the water line. 24" of armor on the main guns. Overall speed 26 knots. She and her sister "Musashi" were the two biggest BB's in the Pacific. You've got to hand it to the IJN, for inspiring sheer terror, the Yamato was the Biggest, Baddest and Purtyist.
D40