View Single Post
Old 07-03-11, 03:51 AM   #642
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
But that's a really big give away! One werewolf strategy is to keep quiet and not draw attention to himself. I was checking Ducimus' log in times and he was logging in consistently. I checked his posts and he had posted nothing at all, so the only reason to log in was to elect who to attack in a PM. I PMd him when I was suspicious and he didn't reply, even though he had logged in, so would have seen the PM. That's when I knew he was a werewolf, but of course I had no one to tell, without it looking like a diversion. Of course that's not roleplay, that's gameplay.
Seeing someone logging on and posting nothing, doesn't mean that much to me.
I do so very often, when I have no time (due to RL) to participate in any thread.

Ducimus also stated somewhere in a msg that he felt sorry not to have time to participate more in the game. He promised to catch up, but he didn't come back in the game.

When it comes to choosing to participate and afterwards discovering that you can't, since RL affairs need your attention is a very good reason to me for no longer taking part of the game.

But how can we (the players and narrator) deal with such situation?
If someone says "Sorry but I can't participate any longer" then that should fall within the category "official statement".

Therefore I'm in favor for the proposed solution to write such person out of the game (done by a narrator).

And about the "cheesing acting".
My approach is to dive into the role, like it were you who is actual living there.
What you say must be consistent, but you have good players and less good players.

Good players can act and play their role, no matter what happens.
I, as a matter of fact, haven't been that consistent with my role.
That happened at the moment when the feeling "winning the game" takes over from the role play.

I can imagine that everybody has strong moments in his role and weaker moments in his role. But is this such a bad thing?
For me it isn't since we all are amateurs in acting and perhaps a better Kaleun.

Also, an extra difficulty for me, was English not being my native language.
Not that I feel ashamed about my grammar, but finding the right words for
describing a place or situation was much harder then I ever imagined.
That you should also take in account as a possibility for less good acting.

The Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote