View Single Post
Old 06-25-11, 09:33 AM   #1628
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
regarding RND: it is not nessesary to be sure if a sub is spawned at game start or not, from my programmers view, since the group's root point (location where the rnd group is spawned from) is already in memory at game start, and only this point will be beamed. this could even be a better solution than using the SCR layer. we'll see.
The rnd layer has certainly some advantages, e.g., the possibility of spawning random numbers of subs within the existing rnd scheme. However, I don't know what happens if you have a rnd entry without any waypoints. Are the ships spawned on each other In addition, from my experience no ships are spawned in rendering range.

Concerning sending messages: Do you, Stiebler and h.sie, know how the game implements the limits on sending messages, e.g., the two hour interval between sending status reports? I'm wondering because it might be good to change the limits for the 'Fuehlungsmeldung'. With the current setting it is very difficult to report a convoy after the allies have radar because you hardly come close enough to see them (and being on the surface to send the message).

Cheers, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote