View Single Post
Old 06-15-11, 04:28 AM   #5
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

I decided to get it and it took some assembly and some were hard due to tight fit or loose one and some are out of reach from fingers.

I must say I'm happy. I know it fares much less than a Dragon 1:35 Panzer IV Ausf G but overall I think it is a fun model to collect. Not as much fun as I would like it to be because though the wheels and tracks rotate and roll, they don't do that smoothly so no chance of rolling the tank all over the study desk or bed .

The thing is the price is fair imo. About twice the price of a small 1:72 Hobby Master tank. I mean for twice the price you get a lot more detail and mass and much more metal. It looks convincing enough so much so that I'm thinking to collect more of these especially the Pershing and maybe KV-1 or King Tiger(Konig Tiger/ Tiger II). But if I do collect more I may have to postpone getting that 1:48 Flanker.

That one huge Flanker costs 4 of these fun models.

One thing I noticed is that it came with a play card. I think the producer is trying to make this tank a table miniature war game pieces. It certainly would be cool to see them used as such though I can't imagine the size of the table needed. Probably at least a medium sized room one.

One little thing that irked me is that when I was trying to investigate the hull machine gun to know whether it is made of plastic, rubber or metal, my gentle pinch broke it. Nothing big that can't be fixed with a little glue but I'm a perfectionist somewhat. Luckily it is a fun model to collect