View Single Post
Old 06-04-11, 07:02 PM   #10
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kyster View Post
And can of course be CrossFire'd with a 5850/5870 later on.

I would still argue though, that the "minor" price difference up to a 5870 is well spent...
Well, it's hardly a minor price difference... all the normal places I go to compare prices, it's either out of stock (if the price listed is under $300) or it's at least $200-300 more than the 5770. Googling turns up the same results. So for now I will stick with the 57 series even if I get a second card.

Quote:
Of course personally I shall never own a non-modular again love the way you can manage the cables.
The one constant complaint I've seen so far with the modular cables is a problem with length in the mobo power connectors, especially with a bottom-mounted PSU. It seems to come up even with the highly rated brands. But I do like the idea of not having a bunch of cables floating around in there serving no purpose. I suppose if length is an issue, extender cables are available. Another thing to check on before making any decisions, I guess.

Quote:
I would get the 5870 now, wait with a new PSU until the money is in and then of course get a *cough* Fractal *cough* modular one.
I have searched and searched and come to the conclusion that they are not available in the US. The Fractal Design website lists only two North American distributors for Fractal Design products, and they only carry cases. Google Product Search for "Fractal Design" turns up nothing but cases as well. So I'm pretty sure I will have to go with a different brand.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote