View Single Post
Old 05-30-11, 10:32 PM   #2890
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

I have a question concerning neutral ships.Are they like real world WWII?In other words will I get dinged for attacking a US merchant before a certain date?
I am in a IX U-38 and my patrol started in Jan.1940 I have already sunk a Norwegian cargo and also a Greek cargo along with 2 Brit(I know they are fair game) cargo and 1 Brit tanker.I passed on a US cargo ship though because I knew for sure they where not on the list yet right not in 1940 anyway or am I wrong or does OM concern itself with accurate neutrality dates?

As the skipper of U-38 I personally feel that if they are supplying England or France they are fair game(not Swedes though).I spared the American
because the crew saw civilian passengers that is my excuse.

Side note anyone else notice that the Type IX dives much faster if you order "dive" rather than "periscope depth"(P) it takes the crew around 55 seconds to slip under using "dive"(D)
and starting from a speed of 11 knots it is almost as fast as "crash"(no submariner came up with that name) dive.

P.S. I know rather heavy patrol and I am not done yet they just keep heading right for me .
Also gonna have to run a Type II career haven't tried one of those since SH3.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote