View Single Post
Old 04-04-11, 05:34 PM   #10
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantium View Post
Er ... um ... I have no clue. I just mean I haven't tweaked what was on the CD. You'd have a better idea whether the Jane's version of the missions is any different from the rerelease. What I *can* tell you is that what I read on http://www.subsim.com/tips/tipflcom.php matches up with what I see in the missions ... the big problems I'm having are 1) planes randomly dying for no discernable reason and 2) having no bloody clue how to accomplish some of the mission goals (Transit to [location], mostly).

Edit: Just to make sure you know, "Gulf of Sidra" and "Strait of Formosa" aren't the mission titles in the game. In-game, I think the Gulf of Sidra mission is called "A Line in the Sand" and the Strait of Formosa mission is called "Strait and Narrow".
AHH, ok i see the missions now, so they are the same, good.
Now your problem with the planes dieying ramdomly, well it happend to me too, but in my case is that sometimes they fly to the ground, and in some uncanny ocasions thet fly to high that the airplane just blow up and in top of that if the play is very high and go down on a dive the airplain just rip apart by itself, now dont ask me how that happend but it has happend to me and i have seen it on the replay, maybe is a bug, dont know for sure. The other thing about your transit, in the mission thats a pre-define goal, the ships or plains or what ever platform must travel a certain distance to achieve this, if you move out of the path, just give them the ORDER TO RETURN TO STATION AND BE PATIENCE AND YOU SHOULD RECEIVE A "MISSION COMPLEATED" MASSAGE. some missions must travel a certain path to achieve this goal, and some are very long distance, use the time compression and wait you can also use the F5 key and it should tell you what have you acomplish during the mission and what is left to be done, use the top right button to se your progress.
Use the SHIFT+M (upper case M) keys to show your PIM (Points of Intended Movement) lines. This is the intended destination for your group leader and should be followed to complete the mission
GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW IF THAT HELP.

Last edited by juniorjj84; 04-04-11 at 10:49 PM.
juniorjj84 is offline   Reply With Quote