Old 03-23-11, 02:01 PM   #478
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSimoes View Post
WoW!!! Congratulations about your work.
I only discovored your mod this week and i must say is looking very interesting. When you talk about the possibility to interact with neutral ships to see their cargo and the fact that vessel could be a Q-ship you make me a fan of your work
It would be a totaly new experience to be a subcomander and the fact it could have coastal defences in a harbour interesting.
I have only 2 questions:
How could we use the explosve charge? I am guessing it would be with ships in a harbour correct?
You talk you trying to make this mod for sh3 or 4 but i must say sh5 now is looking very good with all the mods available at this moment maybe when you release a beta version in 2012 maybe by then you could consider to make for sh5.
Anyway amazing idea your mod congratulations
The explosive charge will probably be launched using an invisible deck gun node on your sub. I am still trying to find out what these charges looked like. I understand that grenades were sometimes used in WWI to sink small fishing vessels, but so far I haven't uncovered any photos of the bigger charges that would be used on a stopped ship. if I can't find any then I will just use a model of the famous "potato masher" German grenade as the weapon particle.

http://www.relics.org.uk/images/products/PIC_0098_t.jpg

And unfortunately I cannot release a beta in 2012; the mod is just not in any kind of shape for release. I don't want to falsely get your hopes up about what kind of progress to expect.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote