View Single Post
Old 03-01-11, 06:43 PM   #3035
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
How can you miss the Leyte TF, both BB groups come through narrow straits, San Bern and Surigao night of Oct. 25. The northern carrier TF is a little hard to find in the open sea, but most go for the two BB groups.
Ducimus, the wily fox, ordered my boat on station north of Luzon for four days starting on October 20th. "Yes Sir, Admiral." I replied, doing my job. (Who am I to argue?) I was on station from the 20th the the 24th, and then departed.

I know about the San Bernadino and Suriago Starights, and assumed one of the TFs for the Philipines would sail thorugh my sector on the way to find the American fleets. I was wrong. Foiled again! Maybe it is Lurker's fault? He is not online any longer, so let's point fingers at RSRDC.

Back to the Ise's that got away. They totalled over 60K tons, and probably would have earned me a big fat and juicy medal, and maybe promotion. It was tough to see them sailing off into the strights!! I would have followed them if I had more torpedeos. Maybe next time?
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote