Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
well

i think it would go

blue max
Iron Cross 2nd
Iron cross 1st
then the Pour le merite.

At least, if mrmoery serves me right, that was the order of medals they used, by signifigance
The Blue Max and Pour le Merite are the same order, regardless of any other orders it has always been at the top of the list since it was created.

When dealing with Imperial Awards/Orders theres a disjoint relation between rules of precedence (in the order medals are officially to be worn) and their real status/prestige. Though rules of precedence always put the EK at the top of the ribbon bar, in reality (in Imperial Germany) it was a very low award making it extremely confusing at times - on a ribbon/medal bar the EK2 would rank above a RK of Hohenzollern, Red Eagle, RK of St. Henry (Saxony) and even Austrian Order of the Iron Crown - all orders which required a seriously higher level of valor/achievement to get even at the lowest levels.

While some of the city/states were landlocked, and had no Navy to speak of they still would have their own people enlist into the Navies. It wasn't uncommon for (your home town so to speak) to also award you for your accomplishments, so one would also need to take note of your birthplace/area you grew up in if it was an area that didn't have its own Navy.

Myself having not played SH4 am not familiar with its config files, though it might be possible to add more with a trick I've used with SH3: from the list you provided:

5151=Submarine service medal
5152=Wounded medal
5153=Patrol star
5154=Medal of valor
5155=Campaign star
5156=Victory cross

What are values for spaces 5157-5159? If blank it would be possible to use those empty spaces to add in extra medals/orders through some manipulation of a few config files (which I assume haven't changed much from sh3).

Not sure if it will at all be possible, but one addition that might be able to be implemented is using the varous levels of each medal, since most major orders had at least 4 to 6 different levels. One could earn the Red Eagle 4th class, and then through further actions get awarded a higher level potentially all the way up to the breast star/grand cross version. Whether or not the game has room/can allow such awards is something I need to load the game and start playing around with the settings to see what its maximum limitations are, what can be added, and what tricks can be used to make more room for more.

The only major contribution the Iron Cross had was that it was available to be awarded to any soldier regardless of rank; something which was an entirely new concept compared to the semi-feudal system with the others.
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote