View Single Post
Old 02-22-11, 11:36 AM   #621
Gryffon300
Engineer

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0
OK, nobody breathe!

Have activated 4GB Patch & 3GB Switch, plus cleaned up my registery, with apparent good results. It let me do a 4th Patrol! In November! (Thanks again, R40, for the nice instructions.)

I had turned MFM back on and the system DIDN'T CTD!! Even added a few mods just to test it out (like life-rafts & debris; torpedo damage). Haven't tried to add VIIC skin or New Interiors yet, though I will experiment once I am confident of stability - I fully expect that last one to be a bridge too far....

Anyway, couple of interesting things to note - the maps on the Nav table are now multi-square pixillated and moire ridden, but still work as usual when clicked-on. Only an issue when roaming around in F2.

When trying to get the thing working , after a CTD, when getting back to the summary Carreer page (you know the one that lists your details and the mission, including all previously saved missions), it will oscillate back and forth between dates (I have random patrol start dates selected in Commander). One anomaly that appeared that I thought may cause a CTD, is that the Boat description type keeps changing consistently from VIIB to VIIC and back again, depending on the patrol date. Thought the 'VIIC' may cause a conflict with my actual VIIB, but appeared not to as the 'office' still showed my VIIB, even when the VIIC showed on the previous screen.

Downed a Modern Tanker in AM99 - SS Nimba, 11071 Tons. Cargo - SCRAP METAL!!?? Might need to see about cargo manifest, or mis-labelling of vessel. Suggestions?

Anyway, just bagged a couple of Auxillary cruisers - so, gotta go kill some more stuff that didn't like me doing that!
Gryffon300 is offline   Reply With Quote