View Single Post
Old 02-22-11, 03:00 AM   #9
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAM Strike View Post
There are really only one or two I would like to build at a larger scale, the Kilo and the new GUPPY kit I saw for sale in Japan.
Now build that . I found building model kit therapeutic. A practice of patience and passion.

Quote:
The small ones I got now do sort of have sentimentalness to me, thats why I bought them first I guess. The Kilo and Akula I have driven in DW and SC for ages, and the Type 42 because the Falklands War is a hobby of mine.

I've tried to customize my models a little. Like the sonars on the Russian boats, I painted them gray so they stand out. The real boats don't really have that but I like that it makes that detail stand out on my models.
Yeah me too it was Silent Hunter 3 for me lol. Still liking the submarine warfare of the second world war to this day. Watched a marathon, 5 hour episode of War of the Atlantic on National Geographic last Sunday. If you build them bigger you'll definitely going to love them even more and far more customization possible as you have far more area and objects to play with. I don't mean to advise you to stop from building the small ones but build at least one or two for them to last and to wow over as a memento of this time of day that you'll probably going to carry over into the far future or even to show your children to while you still have the time and the mental capacity to do it.

Quote:
Oh there are many model I made as a kid that are now broken and long gone.

The one I really miss now was my model of the Red October.
Yeah I know how you feel especially if they are ruined by someone else . I couldn't justify casing every one of my tank so I encase only one of them but I could justify spending some money to protect my biggest hobby kit expense and work such as the Type VIIC/41.

Last edited by Castout; 02-22-11 at 03:17 AM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote