Old 02-07-11, 03:43 PM   #9
analogoldguy
Watch

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Default HI to Vendor and Jan

Hello fellows,

Thanks Vendor, for your nice Welcome!

Well Jan, now I have to go on Google and find out what a "USB HD-box for IDE-drives" is !! (I am thinking that it is a case to put on top of the desk, connected with a USB cable) ?? Could be wrong here !!

I might have to pass on your kind offer because I now have about four extra 40 and 60 Gig IDE hard drives from junk computers that people have thrown out, so I have plenty of backup drives for storage.

I'll have to experiment with your Desktop idea. Right now I run the desktop at 800x600 32-bit. I'll change it!

I have been searching a lot, and have heard about wrong codecs, and also (like you said Jan, different Catalyst, or DirectX. I read that Cat 8.07 works well with SH3. (I actually just received SH4 from Ebay Saturday, and when it asked to install DirectX 9 and all the runtime stuff, I let it do it. Didn't fix the darkness problem though. I still have to do it manually from the Catalyst Center (setting it to default).

Are you guys able to adjust Silent Hunter's brightness, contrast, gamma etc. from your video cards' front end programs? Over and out for now !!

Bob P.
analogoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote