View Single Post
Old 02-06-11, 01:08 PM   #6
analogoldguy
Watch

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Hello back to you Jan! I finally got some time to come back here and respond!

I am a real old-time (low budget) analog kind of guy. I am running the old original Windows XP Pro, I have never updated it.

As far as backups, I am starting to have trouble doing it with certain very large folders. I back things up to a second internal hard drive, but these are too big to fit onto a DVD anymore.

I still do images of my Windows XP partition with Drive Image 5 (a pretty old program, but reliable to me)! This could definitely save me if I screwed something up with an update. But it's not something I would love to do. (there used to be a program called Second Chance (which I have on my 98SE computer), with which you could make a restore point before doing something and it would take you back 100% (unlike the XP restore point). I know that there are one or two GoBack type programs now for XP, but they are not simple, always running in the background etc.

As far as updates, I have read (and was reading last Friday) about many people seeing bad changes when they upgrade DirectX , And not easy to reverse.

And online, many people talk about they couldn't install certain programs in XP, (one program is Red Alert 2), and I am amazed, because it went into my XP perfectly. . And I have other old classic programs running perfectly also.

I actually do have mild problems with SH3. The 3D action seems perfect, but the intro "Ubisoft" screen and the "German" intro "movie" do not play properly at all (they are in four or five blocky, bright colors like pink, orange, green, blue, red) not right at all. I have the same Ubisoft intro in the game "Far Cry", and it plays perfectly. I just hope that there are no "movie" cutscenes in SH3 because I won't see them properly!! Hang in there!

Bob P.
analogoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote