View Single Post
Old 01-22-11, 03:57 PM   #10
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundman View Post
you need to use the notepad to get range using stadimeter - but because the notepad is broken, don't click the 'send' button. instead go to the attack map page and enter the range manually

things set using the dials have no bearing on the notepad, but every time you click send on the notepad it updates the dials - which is a problem since it is rare that all info on the notepad is correct.

for karamozovnew's interface, look in the sh4 ato mods for new interface by karamazovnew

the style of attack for u-boats, because of the auto update system linking periscope bearing and aob, means that a 90 degree attack is entirely optional.

for other reasons it is good to be 90 degrees to target track but once you and the tdc are set up right, you are always solved for every ship in a convoy at all times. This is one of the features that SH3 players lamented when playing sh4

actually this conversation has just given me an idea on how to fully automate the AOB finder. maybe time to get my modding gloves on again
I am getting closer to getting the basics. Here is what I did.

1. Turned on manual targeting
2. Determined speed under the three minute rule and input speed;
3. Plotted the target's course with compass tool;
4. Plotted 90 degree AoB;
5. Set Aob at 90 degrees manually and moved into firing range for a broadside shot;
6. Set range manually by turning the range dial accordingly;
7. Turned off manual targeting;
8. I assumed the Aob would adjust automatically when I rotated the scope once I turned off manual targeting, so next I aimed the scope at 15 degrees;
9. When the target crossed 15 degrees -- Fired 3 torps. All missed. I think they were duds--at least two for sure. But one was on track to the target when it exploded. I did not follow the other two. If I set the range to target too short, will the torpedoes detonate when they reach the shorter range?

I have no idea how to enter range in the notepad. I am not sure you can enter it on the notepad. If you cannot, how to figure range?

Anyway, the list above is what I am doing. From here you might be able to guide me. If map contacts are disabled, how do you calculate range? So far, I am not impressed by this mod, but it is probably because I have no idea how manual targeting is supposed to work, plus from what I have read, the notepad is broken. I have some more reading to do, but I would like to get a handle on what I should be doing. It seems to be the first item of business.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote