Thread: LW/Ami Missions
View Single Post
Old 10-24-05, 01:39 AM   #54
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220
Uploads: 0

Bill I am not sure whether your question was addressed to me. LW has indicated some considerations.

MP sub v sub vanilla scenarios present a smaller challenge in modification than those scenarios with complex
inter-relationships of sensor and weapon performance between elements of Battle Groups.
That represents a little more effort.

For my part with my modifications to MP sub v sub I have adjusted the SS, the dynamic locations and
environmental conditions where appropriate.

Fortunately my vanilla MP scenario pack was designed with the criteria of relatively close starting locations
hence revealing titles such as:-
A Close Encounter.
A Closed Circuit.
A Merry go round.
A Seamount circus.

And the need to revisit triggers, scripts, dynamic groups was not a requirement in tweaking for LwAmi.

My next task is to bring to fruition the design of some more ambitious and complex MP scenarios
so modification will entail a complete rethink.

For example, if I have a blue Battle Group and red one negotiating islands with formation screens.
The sensor and weapon performances are critical to the platform selection, positioning, and waypointing.
This knocks-on in implementing a 'story-line' to changes in goals, scripts and triggers.

I am fortunate in not having rolled-out this product from the hanger
as I can rethink and modify - once the 1.2 patch and any resulting, or contemporary, LwAmi adjustments are completed.

I am hoping that the more experienced designers, who have been through the process of modding for LwAmi
will contribute some feedback.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote