View Single Post
Old 01-07-11, 06:21 PM   #18
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
Your PC specs bookworm kicks my computers ass, I brought mine over christmasl just the box minus the monitor/accessories, but it runs brilliantly. The company here I brought it off Coretech-broker been in the business for 26yrs and are mainly based on server technology. So the pc arrived as one huge server case that weights a ton plenty of room for future upgrades

Plays SH5 & Mass effect 2 with everything on high smooth as, . Only slight problem I had is the 9800GT/case fans were quite loud, found the settings in bios to turn the fans down to quiet mode it was set to Server in the bios so that quieten it a bit.

Basics specs: Dual core @ 5.1ghz, 4gb Ram, 9800GT, 3 drives, COA windows XP pro - might upgrade to Win 7 later on
Frank I'm worried that server mode may not make the GPU fan to run as fast as it is in the normal mode.

Since you are using Windows 7 there's free gadget to monitor GPU temperature. Wouldn't want to fry the GPU would you. Get the one which needs no other software to run. It's able to monitor fan speed too.
http://blog.orbmu2k.de/

Noisy fan usually points to lack of lubrication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm_020 View Post
SH5 will be ordered shortly, other games will follow.... working on getting a decent broadband connection to serve "the Beast"

Well I'm never excited about SH5 no offense just personal taste. But get yourself Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age(or wait for Dragon Age 2) if RPG is your thing. Other games are Napoleon Total War series. ArmA 2+OA(combine Operation) is not bad either if army sim is your thing. Another game to look forward to is Shogun 2 Total War