View Single Post
Old 12-31-10, 12:04 AM   #11
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
OMG I'm so glad I'm not the only person who wastes, I mean, spends quality time doing this!

My big thing is that when I rip music from, say, a greatest hits or some other type of CD, I like to edit the file properties to reflect the original release (album, year, etc.) of each song. And then I spend a bit of time googling around looking for the original album cover and pasting it into the album art. And I also usually save a copy of the pic just in case it reverts to something else so I can "fix" it again.
I found a site that gives me unlimited download privileges for a small monthly fee.

I organize my stuff by date, with the date preceding the title, so everything from classical to today's music appears in the correct order.

An example is my Beatles collection. I recently downloaded the complete 2009 remaster series and also managed to find the rare United Artists US release of A Hard Day's Night. Since the singles never appeared on the British versions of the albums, I have each single release in it's own folder, so Please Please Me and Ask Me Why are in a folder labeled "1963/1/11 - Single" and the album folder reads "1963/3/22 - Please Please Me (UK)". Each folder has its own copy of the album art, so I don't have to go looking for it again if anything goes wrong.

All the singles are mono, with the albums in stereo. I'm doing something similar for The Stones, The Who and The Animals. Most of my American favorites have the singles on the albums, so I'm not quite so meticulous, but the formula is still the same.

I admit it - where my music is concerned I'm just a bit insane.