View Single Post
Old 11-20-10, 07:25 AM   #352
Hassie
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default SH4/SH5 Problems

Arclight-

Thank you for the response. I have done several of the things you suggested and the game does absolutely nothing different. I run it as administrator from the folder, not from the steam game library page.

Unfortunately Steam links their games to a web address on your desktop icons, and if you take it out of the steam folder, and put it just in the C:\ folder, it has problems and is missing files or something. I will try using compatibility modes I havent tried, disabling visual themes, and hell even taking off...and OMG, SH5 just worked by disabling my abnormal DPI size. Wow

I appreciate the help Arc, I didnt even think to check any of the boxes below the compatibility setting, or the administrator box. Doing this on SH4 however does change what happens now...

The steam box asking if I want to play the, and showing the cd-key for the game comes up, i push play, it thinks about it for a half of a nanosecond, than pops up again. If I take off visual themes, or the DPI it does this, taking of both does the same, and leaving the boxes unchecked obviously the problem is the same as when I first reported and you responded.

I am going to try and manually switch my DPI to the normal size and see if that helps. If you have any other recommendations, or have heard of any similar problems and solutions, I would be in your debt for the help. I really wanna play SH4, and getting SH5 to work is almost a slap in the face, because of how bugged it is

Hassie
Hassie is offline   Reply With Quote