View Single Post
Old 11-07-10, 10:44 AM   #1813
OSU
A-ganger

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0

I'm on my 7th patrol and the Brits are not giving me a break. Neither is SH3 Gen. I keep getting orders to "force entrance into Loch Ewe" or "Sink such-and-such in Portsmouth." I don't feel like throwing my crew away, so I got some new orders, which also sucked, but are a lot better than a suicide mission. The weather was really crappy up north, so I decided to take a chance in a harbor that I knew. So I set a course for Scapa Flow. The weather was perfect on the way, a nice thunderstorm, rain, and big waves. Which meant that the enemy couldn't see me and I couldn't see them. So a destroyer jumps me from behind coming out of the rain, I crash dive and make safely under the surface and sneak away. By to time I got to within 200 km of Scapa the storm had passed and the skies cleared, although the waves were still foaming. Then two Hurricanes jumped me, and again I avoided disaster. I dodged several more destroyers before the weather took a turn for the worse. No wind, no rain, no clouds and no waves. #*&$! So I turned around and FINALLY ran into a contact that I could actually intercept and sink, bringing my grand total for this patrol to 14,000 tons for 19 days at sea.
Philippians 2:14-15

Those things that are precious are saved only by sacrifice.
-Pvt. David Webster

All gave some, some gave all. We will never forget you.

Semper Fi
OSU is offline   Reply With Quote