View Single Post
Old 10-26-10, 09:38 AM   #168
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymar View Post
I've read the whole thread and it looks it's a great mod. I wonder why I didn't download it yet

So with BARF and Damage Assessments ships are slowing down and taking longer to sink, right?

I wonder if anything can be done with the 100% fire chance after hit. I wonder if it's realistic that every ship is going down in flames.
BRF changes the way ships sink by having them list more. In stock, you're forced to keep hitting them until they blow up (0 HP). At the very least, BRF makes sinkings look more believable. With good placement, you should be able to save a torpedo here and there by causing so much listing that the ship takes on water on its own.

The 'full' version has increased flooding times while 'lite' leaves them at default. They'll display the same behavior, but over different time spans.

Damage Assessment is pretty much obsolete. IRAI offers a far more complete solution to AI issues.

About the fires; no, I don't think it's realistic, not necessarily anyway. As far as I know, effects such as fires are tied to the zones, so it should be possible to remove them. Maybe limit it to the engine room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywoo View Post
Well, I think that the problem is solved (or at least it appears to be):
1. in JSGME i've deactivated both BRF and CriticalHits Torpedoes
2. then activated again in the order: BRF first then CriticalHits Torpedoes
The problem is gone now.

Now all my active mods are in the order:

NewUIs with TDC for SH5 by TheDarkWraith version 4.0.3
Critical hits deck gun v1.2
BRF 1.3
Critical hits torpedoes v1.1

And everything works just fine
Good, I hope it stands the test of time.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote