View Single Post
Old 09-22-10, 08:39 AM   #1621
JEuler
Mate

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0
Hit a mine

Oberl. z.S. Fritz Wittmann and all the crew of the U-14 is lost on 11.April.1940. in the North Sea,area AN55,probably lost to a mine.

After some bad luck,almost sunk by depth charges from a trawler on the first patrol,the things turn for the better and sunk HMS Liverpool (light cruiser) on 4th patrol.On the 6th (last) patrol,en route to the patrol area,around Helgoland saw the German fleet heading for Norway.What a beautiful sight,10 destroyers and two battleships going at high speed.Later when reached the patrol area the weather turn bad,heavy rain and fog.I decided to wait submerged in the deep waters outside Hartlepool,and there i get the death screen.First I had no idea what happened and stared the screen for minutes,when suddenly realized that it was probably a mine.I know that the east coast is heavily mined,but thought the mines are in the shallow water closer to the coast.Well,I was wrong!Opened the campaign file with the editor and there was what to see.All the time I was "dancing" on a mine field

It's time to start a new career.

P.S. It's the first time I lost a boat this way,but I'm not angry.I try to play as realistic as possible,and this was quite realistic.In RL many U-boat was lost to a mine.
JEuler is offline   Reply With Quote