View Single Post
Old 09-02-10, 01:09 PM   #1
RattytheSecond
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0
New Member: RattytheSecond.

Hi to one and all. I've just joined the Subsim Radioroom, and as advised I'm writing to introduce myself to one and all. My reason for being here is pretty straightforward and that is my intense interest and enjoyment of the Silent Hunter Series, beginning with Silent Hunter 3, going on to Silent Hunter 4......And being somewhat disappointed by Silent Hunter 5. However, given time and quite a few mods, it has real potential I think......hope.

At the moment I'm trying to download some of the SH3 Mods; but being a 45 year old dinosaur, I often find myself struggling, or just plain bamboozled! I really envy you lads, for whom all this stuff is simple. When I was at school we had one computer in a school with 1,500 pupils. Anyway "it" arrived in the last 2 years of my attendance and nobody; but NOBODY, was allowed anywhere near it, as it was the preserve of the Maths department and one frighteningly violent maths teacher in particular. At university I was issued with a computer literacy certificate; but so was everyone else, regardless of ability. So from time to time I'll be liable to beg/weep/gibber for help.
Anyway, thanks for allowing me into the Wolf's Lair Radio Room; when things are working I really love my subsims!
RattytheSecond is offline   Reply With Quote