View Single Post
Old 08-07-10, 06:50 PM   #23
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
Thanks for the correction at the top of the page Skybird, still some more homework to do I guess.

So are the Steel Beasts patches/updates starting to go backwards? last I saw they were releasing more modern tanks and now they are going back to the Pattons and T-55's?
No, i assume these tanks got included because especially the M60 and the T-55 are very wide spread. The T-55 is the most often build tank after WWII, I think. I seem to remember an estimation of 95,000 being produced. In 3rd world missions, crews need to expect to meet them, especially the T-55 and T-64. Africa is infested with T-55s, so to speak.

The upcoming new version features also the most modern challenger-II, additonal to the M1A1 so far the M1A1 HA and M1A2 SEP, plus a range of forward observers, combat support vehicles, civilian cars, combat vehicles, most promising the Piranha-III with fully modelled Weapon Remote Station RWS, and 3D interior. Several already existing vehicles got updated (newly done) models and skins. It is hoped that the Centauro from last year will have been made a crewable, too (still not confirmed so far).

Plus plenty of new buildings, NVG, snow to sink into, city street walls, and more.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/...2_itemId=16069