View Single Post
Old 07-16-10, 08:45 AM   #166
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0

TDW,

I understand that your IRAI mod still need much of work and your time, you have in plans many mailstones for this mod and I should be patient, but...

What about AI torpedoes?
1) At your video plane AI is attacking stopped ship, but what about moving target? AI should know distance, AoB, speed of target and changes his course to successful attack. Ok, this problem is gone when attacked ship is unarmed, closed, slow merchant attacked by plane, but what about far, fast, or high-AA warship? What about calculation perfect distance to push torpedo for attack?
2) What about AI submarine attack at warships/merchants/surfaced and submerged submarines? The human must know all parameters to the TDC, but AI should decide about torpedo speed/kind/depth? This is problem with best moment to attack, calculate to chance attack for high-valuable target and be safe too... Or maybe better solution is surface attack? Or attack by deck guns?
3) What about AI torpedo attack by light warships? On my experience from SH2vsDC and E:RT it looks, that the very dangerous antisub weapon was torpedo shoot by light warships too (human DD keep parallel course to detected submarine and at first try to attack by torpedo salvo at periscope depth). It is possible with this mod?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote