Old 07-13-10, 03:18 AM   #126
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Things are shaping up

Operation Weserjbung: IRAI_0_0_7_ByTheDarkWraith

Disclaimer:
My boat has the Improved Tarnmatte Upgrade Pack installed...Repeating what I am describing below with out this Upgrade Pack it is not possible with this MOD. I tried, 4 times.

Situation:
I engaged the Task Force in Narvik Territorial Waters. I approached the Task Force 1200 Meters off Head-On from the Battle Ship to avoid lead Destroyer. My course 251 degree, Silent Running <= 1 knots, Depth 27 Meters.
Torpedo's:
Tube #1 = Type-III Electric
Tube #2 = Type-III Electric
Tube #3 = Type-I Steam
Tube #4 = Type-I Steam
Tube #5 = Type-IX Electric-Passive Acoustic Homing

After Calculating Battleship's speed and course using sonar only (because the enemy ship can visually spot me if I use the scope to much at my current range.) I moved into a 85 degree, Starboard Side impact attack position, range approximately 800-900 meter. Set Electric Torpedo Depths to 6.5 meters, Impact Detonation. I set my Steam Torpedo Depths to 6.9 Meters, Impact Detonation. Calculated Electric and Steam(Fast) torpedo run times for 900 Meters so the Steam Torpedo's will impact 10-15 seconds after the Electric Torpedo's. Type-IX Torpedo set to Depth of 1.1 Meters. Opened all Torpedo Tubes and waited for the Lead Destroyer to pass bearing 0 (zero) and raised up to 15 Meters. Up Periscope just to get position fix on Battleship then Down Periscope. Battleship is right on my estimated course line I calculated earlier. When Battleship passed bearing 340 degree I raised the Periscope, locked on to the Battleship and fired tubes 1 and 2 aiming for Foreword Deck Gun and lowered Periscope. When the target passed bearing 346 I raised the scope and locked on and fired tubes 3 and 4 aim Mid Ship. Set new Depth to 150 meters maintain all stop. As I am descending I picked torpedo's to load. I can hear the Battleship now. It just now increased speed because it see's the Steam Torpedo's. 2 seconds after the target increased speed the two electric torpedo's impact, Shortly after (5-7 Sec) both Steam torpedo's impact.
I have not been detected yet, current depth 75 meters I set speed to just under 1 knot. Immediately I hear 2 destroyers fire up their engines, one to port and one to Fore Starboard so I deployed a decoy, set speed to max for 30 seconds, then set all stop and coast. External View - located decoy. The destroyers score several hits on the decoy, my boat rocked a little but no one is screaming anything about damage so I am OK. I continue watching the decoy for approximately 5-10 minutes. My depth is now 151 meters, set speed to just under 1 knot, set course to 135 degree. Destroyers stay focused on the decoy. Several minutes pass, I am using the Observation Periscope now, monitoring the area directly above me for any ships. I spot 1 destroyer closing from my port side that obviously hears me because it stops, so I go all stop as well. 30 minutes pass and all the destroyers start moving off. After waiting another 10 minutes I set course 90 degree speed 2 knots and I escaped.

Morale of this story - the destroyers left the area after approximate 1 hour. So things are really shaping up.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote