Old 09-21-05, 06:22 PM   #15
OKO
Commander

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joch40
two things:
1.) how can I set the course to the bearing of the yacht when I am not sure were the take over will happen? Is there a way to combine the bearing und course skript commands?
well ... if you have an idea of where the bearing should be you can do something =>

suppose the yacht will be beetween your 0° and your 90°
script oiler and pirate to go to 45° (in the middle) and script the yacht to make suicide attack on them
So : use average bearing values for the oiler and pirate, and suicide script for the yacht
I know it's not a complete satisfactory solution, but it could works, depending on the theatre obstacles.
Don't forget to script oiler and pirate for pathfinding if there is some relief around

Quote:
Originally Posted by joch40
2.) meeting with the yacht is an idea but I think it would be much more normal for pirates to get a ship to a location were they can unload it. So I think it has to be a bay or something. Actually that was the reason I invented the yacht for. Because otherwise I had no way to send the oiler (and the pirate) to this location without knowing where they would meet in advance.
on some scenario, I used destination trigger to force new heading
example =>
approach goal completed => oiler and pirate go to bearing 090
10 miles away, a large destination trigger for them (so 2 triggers ...) and when they reach it, they change course again for new course.
I know this is really not accurate ... but I couldn't find anything else for your problem ...
OKO is offline   Reply With Quote