View Single Post
Old 07-03-10, 02:00 PM   #51
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

@goldorak: What about becoming to know what this forum exists for?

@LWAMI Team: Your PSL values are ridiculous:

- American: Seawolf, Virginia: 55, 55
- Russian: Graney, Borey: 55, 56

Sorry but I didn't know such amazing PSL levels can be achieved after rusting 15-20 years in Russian shipyard and not having any technological progress in that time due to economic crisis and fall of Soviet R&D base. Strictly speaking I have to use DWEdit to correct these funny values to 57 and 58 respectively for both "brand-news" Russkie nuclear subs founded on 20 years old Soviet technology. I suppose in real life noise level of both these subs is most probably not much better than old Akulas but I won't waste my time to edit all Russian subs PSL values in the LWAMI 3.10 mod. Well, I also tuned PSLs of Astute to 56, Akula II's to 58 and Victor III Imp to 63 so now nuclear subs noise level seems to be rational enough:

- Russia: Victor III 67, Victor III Imp 63, Akula I 63, Akula I Imp 59, Akula II 58, Borey 58, Granay 57

- US: LA 62, LA Imp 58, Seawolf 55, Virginia 55

- UK: Switfsure 63, Trafalgar 59, Astute 56

And please don't give me an explanations like "game-play balance" and similar BS.

PS. Well, it seems that someone have already changed both values to 56 and 57 respectively as I noticed in DWEdit. That was move in right direction but rather too short one, I am afraid.

Last edited by Gorshkov; 07-03-10 at 04:46 PM.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote