View Single Post
Old 06-15-10, 10:26 PM   #198
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Can anyone confirm you hear the periscope raise/lower in the 3D Command room/Conn? I don't use any UI Mods, just Speech recog and I don't hear the periscope unless in the usual 2D mode.
...i used a cheap dirty trick, iam sorry but you cant expect to much from it at the moment. This means to be able to hear the obs scope moving sound in 3d space, you have to use the assigned keys for it (readme or help page).

The sound is spoken from an officer in the command room, this means also, it could be delayed because someone is using allready all aviable sound channels, or someone is speaking with higher priority... i use it while nobody is speaking at current. (what you can do is pressing the key for the scope first and instandly after that give another command, this will work at the same time)

another thing is, if you set TDW options to lower the obs scope automaticaly (set by default) you wont hear it in 3d space. That is, because i had to use a different command for it (toggle). If i had used the same commands the game and TDW UI normaly use, it will work also but would play again after entering it. So this was the reason asking for disconnecting "entering obs scope" and "fuly rise obs scope" commands (they are linked, if you enter it, it will fully rise even if allready rised, and the sound would play again).

...best solution would be, connecting the sound directly with the animation, but this isnt my area at the moment

Last edited by Stormfly; 06-15-10 at 11:00 PM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote